OFFICE: South Bend, IN
Lochmueller Group is current seeking a Bridge Deisgn Engineer to work in the South Bend, Indiana office.
Bridge Design Engineer performs office work to prepare engineering drawings and specifications. This position will work with a team of engineers and technicians to produce design plans and specifications.
• Produces drawings in AutoCAD and or Microstation for projects pertaining to design plans for road, bridge, site development, right of way, etc.
• Ensures project designs are in conformance with the latest design specifications.
• Performs design quantity computations and checks.
• Understands and works with surveying data provided from survey department.
• Reads and interprets schematic and construction plans.
• Works well in a team environment on projects.
• Applies basic engineering standards to plan development and layout.
• Is familiar with and uses various computer hardware including plotters, printers, scanners, and digitizers.
• Assists in client liaison on progress and project updates.
• On smaller design projects, may be assigned charge of the project; work will be reviewed by superiors and design/computations checked by peers or technician.
• Utilizes Engineering Technician in plan development, reviews their work.
• Assists in continuing training of Technicians.
• Applies a variety of specification regulations, policies and standards to assure compliance with various Federal, State and local rules and regulations.