Construction Engineer Intern
OFFICE: Evansville, IN
Lochmueller Group is currently seeking a Construction Engineer Intern for the Evansville, IN office.
This position will be responsible for performing field or office work to assist in the construction inspection and testing activities.
- Assists with inspection of construction.
- Assists with taking samples and performing yield, air, slump, or compaction tests on a variety of materials, such as aggregates, bituminous, soils, concrete at plants, quarries, and construction sites to check for conformity with specifications.
- Assists with surveying, staking, plotting, and computing cross sections of construction sites, operating a variety of instruments in the surveying process.
- Assists with inspecting and reviewing the operation of plant and truck scales.
- Assists with reading and interpreting schematics and construction plans.
- Assists with collecting, coding, and analyzing, and maintaining a variety of test data and inspection records.
Incumbent will be expected to interact with other individuals within the department, contractors and project owners for the purpose of giving and receiving factual information about work assignments. This position will also have contact with material producers and supervisors in order to provide expedient, accurate sampling and testing of various materials. Work is normally performed outside at the project site in all types of weather. Physical effort may involve lifting, carrying weights, using small hand tools, walking, digging, etc