Construction Engineer Supervisor
OFFICE: Indianapolis, IN
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years
Lochmueller Group is currently seeking a Construction Engineer Supervisor to grow with our team.
This position will be responsible for supervising projects in the Construction Department.
- Managing construction of highway, road and bridge projects
- Establishing a working relationship with project owners and keeping them informed of all significant project issues
- Reviewing and interpreting plans, specifications and construction methods with contractors
- Preparing drawings and/or review plans designed by others for bridges, roads and related traffic projects
- Overseeing construction field traffic features such as: intersections, layouts, signage, lighting and traffic signals
- Performing job control tests and documentation, including the review of specifications and policies to keep field testing functions current
- Providing engineering expertise to field construction functions to resolve problems and provide effective revisions as necessary
Incumbent will be expected to interact with other individuals within the department, contractors and project owners for the purpose of giving and receiving factual information about work assignments. This position will also have contact with material producers and supervisors in order to provide expedient, accurate sampling and testing of various materials. Work is normally performed outside at the project site in all types of weather. Physical effort may involve lifting, carrying weights, using small hand tools, walking, digging, etc.