Construction Inspector II
OFFICE: Seymour, Indiana
EDUCATION: Two or four year degree is preferred but not required. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years of experience required.
Lochmueller Group is looking to hire a Construction Inspector II in the Seymour, IN area. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the completion of projects under his/her supervision is carried out in conformance with the plans and specifications, and that approved schedule and procedures are followed.
- Works closely with contractors in monitoring of all phases of construction;
- Establishes a working relationship with project owners and keeps them informed of all significant project issues;
- Supervises other construction inspectors assigned to the project;
- Inspects construction work on roads, bridges, pipes, sewers, curbs, guard rails, and etc. for conformity to construction standards;
- Samples and performs yield, air, slump, or compaction tests on a variety of materials, such as aggregates, bituminous, soils, and concrete at plants, quarries, and construction sites to check for conformity with specifications;
- Surveys, stakes, plots, and computes cross sections of construction sites, operating a variety of instruments in the surveying process;
- Performs hubbing, chaining, operating nuclear gauge, running blue top, level circuits, and paving hubs;
- Performs quantity calculations and record keeping of duties.
- Inspects and reviews the operation of plant and truck scales;
- Reads and interprets schematics and construction plans;
- Collects, codes, analyzes, and maintains a variety of test data and inspection records;
- At times, will be required to work more than 40 hours in a work week. Only physically worked hours over 40 will be paid at time and a half;
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to make technical decisions and recommendations.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations and specification requirements for road, bridge, and sewer construction.
- Working knowledge of inspection and surveying practices.
- Thorough knowledge of quality requirements for samples of road construction materials, including aggregates, bituminous, soils, and concrete, for materials/job acceptance.
- Good knowledge of mathematics/trigonometry and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plan, schematics and specifications.
- Ability to document and analyze test results.
- Ability to use a variety of testing, surveying, and inspection equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to apply a variety of specification regulations, policies and standards to assure compliance with construction standards and material specifications
- Valid driver’s license.