Professional Land Surveyor
OFFICE: South Bend, IN
EDUCATION: Graduate of an approved land surveying curriculum – Land Surveyor Degree.
EXPERIENCE: 5 - 10 years of experience in the land surveying practice.
Lochmueller Group is looking for a Professional Land Surveyor for the South Bend, IN region. This position is a licensed professional serving with a group of other licensed surveyors and technicians whose main focus is to provide a variety of surveying services including, but not limited to, boundary retracement, subdivision of land parcels, land title, route location, site topographic, horizontal and vertical control, construction staking and construction verification surveys. The incumbent is primarily in the field and is in responsible charge of the collection of the survey data associated with the assigned projects.
- Perform research of the public records to obtain deeds, plats, USPLS corner references and miscellaneous information required for the assigned projects.
- Attend meetings with clients and/or public officials.
- Act as the lead surveyor of a survey crew consisting of one or more members and perform the various field tasks associated with boundary, route, topographic, construction staking, construction verification and horizontal and vertical control surveys, or
- Plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, assign, and evaluate the work of one or more field survey crews.
- Monitor the work of field survey crews for the proper use of survey equipment, procedures and techniques.
- Perform pre-mission planning for GPS surveys.
- Perform post processing and adjustment of survey data.
- Perform QA/QC of collected survey data and final deliverables.
- Process survey data to a point at which it can be turned over to a technician to complete the required drawing or plat, or
- Perform CAD to complete drawings or plats.
- Perform property line and boundary corner analysis.
- Maintain electronic and hardcopy project files in an orderly manner.
- Perform routine maintenance on and check adjustment of assigned surveying equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of effective practices, methods, techniques, and equipment of land surveying.
- Detailed knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Detailed knowledge of coordinate geometry and survey measurement adjustment software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, public officials, engineers, and architects and the general public.
- Must be a Registered Land Surveyor licensed in the State in which the office the incumbent resides is located.
- Valid driver’s license