Roadway/Highway Design Engineer
OFFICE: Location: Downtown St. Louis, St. Charles County, Missouri, or Troy, Illinois
EDUCATION: Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and E.I.T./E.I. is required. Professional Engineering registration is a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Experience: 0 to 5+ years of design experience in transportation design or site development. Experience on LPA's, DOT's, and County agencies, and an understanding of the policies and procedures of these agencies, is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Experience utilizing Microstation, Geopak/InRoads is preferred. Familiarity with AutoCAD and Civil 3D is a plus.
Lochmueller Group is seeking an energetic civil engineer to join our team!
We currently have an opening for a Roadway/Highway Design Engineer in the St. Louis, Missouri region. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing firm that’s involved in a variety of projects, including highway design, design-build pursuits, municipal street design, stormwater drainage design, bicycle and pedestrian improvements, ADA improvements, and transportation planning.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil and Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) / Engineering Intern (E.I.) Certification. In this position you will:
- Participate in collection and analysis of data and preparation of road and highway designs.
- Develop plans and specifications for state and municipal transportation projects.
- Focus on roadway design, but may be asked to perform drainage, structural, and traffic signal design work.
- Act as part of a team of professionals headed by a Project Manager. This position must be able to work independently or as part of a larger design team and interact well with other team members and the manager relative to assigned aspects of the project.
- Assist with preparation of engineering analysis, designs and calculations relative to the project assigned. Assists in writing technical engineering and design reports.
- Utilize Microstation and Geopak or AutoCAD and Civil 3D to design and analyze roadway elements.
- Typically handle multiple projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Visit job sites as needed to support project(s).
- Provide construction oversite on transportation projects during construction phase.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lochmueller Group offers an excellent benefit package, including health, life, disability insurance, flexible spending account, and 401K plans. Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information about Lochmueller Group, visit our website at www.lochgroup.com. EOE