OFFICE: Indianapolis, IN
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years required.
Experience with traffic engineering analysis and design, and familiarity with applicable software such as HCS, SYNCHRO, VISSIM, Microstation and AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred.
Lochmueller Group currently has an opening for a Traffic Engineer in the Indianapolis office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing area of the firm that’s involved in a variety of projects, including traffic impact studies, safety analyses, simulation modeling, signal timing optimization, traffic signal design, Intelligent Transportation System design, and transportation planning. The ideal candidate should have 5-10 years of experience in the field of transportation, though new graduates with a strong desire to excel will be considered. The successful candidate should be committed to high quality work and possess strong communication skills and technical writing ability. They should also be effective at working both independently and in a team setting.
- Prepares plans, estimates, and specifications to design transportation facilities.
- Plans alterations and modifications of existing streets, highways, and freeways to improve traffic flow.
- Prepares deeds, property descriptions, and right-of-way maps. Performs field engineering calculations to compensate for change orders and contract estimates.
- Prepare and present public reports of environmental analysis statements and other transportation information. May specialize in particular phase of work, such as making surveys, improving signs or lighting, preparing plans, or directing and coordinating construction or maintenance activities.
- Specialize in studying vehicular and pedestrian traffic conditions and be designated Traffic Engineer.
- Plan, organize, and direct work in transportation studies to plan surface systems and be designated Transportation Planning Engineer.