River Ridge Commerce Center Land Use Plan
The River Ridge Commerce Center is a modern business park with more than 6,000 acres located along the Ohio River in Jeffersonville, Indiana. The center was created to redevelop the former Indiana Army Ammunition Plant. The plant manufactured gunpowder during World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.
The US Department of the Army transferred the property to the commerce center and to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources and Lochmueller Group updated the center’s land use plan to help direct development. The updated land use plan includes short- and long-range goals. Key issues in developing the land use plan included:
- I-265 direct connectivity
- Internal roadway system providing access to small & large tracts
- Long-term rail service to the center
- Wastewater service & water service to the center
- Environmental implications especially regarding wetlands & the gray bat
- Structure demolition with the presence of hazardous materials
Since the plan’s completion, the center has signed several tenants and developed multiple buildings and sites. The center is targeting everything from small commercial development along SR 62 to large manufacturers with its nearly 2,000-acre mega-site.